Chip-Enabled Debit and Credit Cards
First Horizon Bank’s Visa® Debit and Credit Cards have chip-enabled technology designed to offer you enhanced card security against potential fraud.
How It Works
Every time you use your card at a chip-enabled terminal, the embedded chip protects your information by creating a unique transaction code that changes with every transaction. This helps to prevent stolen data from being fraudulently used.
Chip Card Benefits
- Chip-enabled cards provide greater fraud protection.
- Cardholders enjoy global acceptance.
The Checkout Experience
- Insert the chip end of your card into the terminal with the chip facing up (instead of swiping).
- Keep your card in the terminal to complete your purchase.
For terminals that are not chip-enabled, simply swipe your card as you do today.
- Remove your card when prompted and take your receipt.
Wave and Pay
For purchases under $75, our consumer credit cards and select business credit cards are equipped with a contactless payment feature. When you see the contactless symbol on the terminal and your transaction is less than $75, just wave your credit card in front of the terminal to start your transaction. Follow the prompts from there.
First Horizon Bank. Member FDIC.