Let's invest in your success – together
Explore focused, experience-based career development.
Supporting your career development is a key part of what drives First Horizon’s success.
Through our First Horizon Professional Development Academy, we offer multiple development programs. In 2022, selected associates participated in:
- Ascend – Credit Analyst Development Program
- Ascend – Banking Center Manager Development Program
- Accelerate – Commercial Lending Development Program
- Soar Higher – Senior Leader Development Program
Each program varies in length from 6 to 19 months and provides accelerated, customized experiences. All participants are assigned senior or executive mentors and provided in-person networking opportunities.
All programs are designed to address specific strategic goals:
- Help us grow our bench strength for key revenue-producing positions, with a special focus on business lending, treasury management and leadership
- Help us identify high performers within our organization to fill our employee pipeline with diverse and talented people
- Help us retain and attract top talent by providing development programs that are robust, cutting-edge and prestigious
In addition to our high-potential development programs, we offer all associates opportunities to "own the moment" in their career development.
In 2022, through our FH Professional Development Academies, associates were offered opportunities to receive annual licenses* for the following:
| || || |
| || |
*While all associates are encouraged to participate in the FH Professional Development Academies, licenses are limited. Offerings and availability vary annually.
Other Talent Development Programs
Repository of videos for trainings, Q&A sessions, program rollouts and more.
LEARN to Lead
Resources to support managers navigating a new leadership role.
Mentorship and Sponsorship
Supporting development of associates who desire leadership coaching.
Colleges and Academies
Progressive programs designed to build bench strength.
Associate-led groups for those in the same line of business to build knowledge and connections.
Working together to grow careers and strengthen First Horizon
Programs are local and focused, with face-to-face interaction with peers and business leaders.