First Horizon respects individual human rights and is committed to operating our company in an environment where everyone is treated with dignity. While we believe our government and policymakers are primarily responsible for the laws and regulations that enable the preservation and protection of human rights, our company values and business practices support our belief that all people should be treated fairly and with respect.
We are firmly committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunity for our employees, customers and suppliers. First Horizon’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics outlines the principles that guide the conduct of every aspect of our business. Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics applies to all employees, officers and directors of the First Horizon family of companies and, in certain cases, to our agents and representatives.
Everyone will be treated without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. First Horizon and our subsidiaries are also committed to a position of lending fairness and to making available meaningful services to all of our customers and communities on a fair and equitable basis.
Any employee who engages in unlawful activities or violates First Horizon’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics or any of the Company’s policies is subject to disciplinary action, including dismissal.
First Horizon honors our commitment to human rights by:
- Conducting our business in a manner that is consistent with the fundamental human rights principles described in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Requiring all employees to complete Code of Business Conduct and Ethics training upon hire, and annually thereafter, and to certify upon completing each training session that they have read, and that they understand, the Code.
- Providing all employees with an annually updated guidebook, called A Matter of Principles, to ensure that they understand and practice the principles outlined in our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Instituting a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee to help us build stronger communities and guide our responsible business practices. The CSR Committee meets quarterly to review, recommend and report to the Executive Management Committee and the Board of Directors on CSR and environmental, social and governance (ESG) business and reputation topics.
- Establishing multiple ways for employees and customers to raise concerns, ask questions, and report potential policy violations or unethical or suspicious behaviors with confidence and without fear of retaliation.
- Operating our business in accordance with all applicable lending, labor, safety, health, anti-discrimination, and other diversity and inclusion workplace regulations and laws.
- Adopting a Code of Business Conduct for Suppliers that establishes our expectations for our suppliers (i.e., third parties that provide goods or services to First Horizon), consistent with the First Horizon Code of Business Conduct and Ethics that sets the basic standards for employee conduct.