Social Media Community Guidelines
First Horizon manages multiple social media channels to serve our customers, showcase our company, celebrate our employees and support our communities. We seek to maintain social media communities that are helpful, inclusive and encouraging, and to that end, have created these guidelines to ensure that our social media communities reflect our values of accountability, adaptability, integrity and relationships.
As soon as you visit one of our social media communities, you are automatically agreeing to the guidelines below. By posting, commenting and engaging with content on one of our channels, you are agreeing to our Social Media Community Guidelines below. Posts, comments and other engagements are deemed public and should align with our company’s values.
Our Social Media Community Guidelines are as follows:
1. Be Respectful and Use Good Judgement
In order to create inclusive and encouraging social media communities, we ask that all users treat each other with respect, regardless of differing opinions. Disparaging comments or hate speech such as threats or harassment is prohibited.
We encourage comments and feedback, provided that opinions are expressed in respectful and appropriate ways. We reserve the right to hide or delete any post or comment on First Horizon social sites, report or block any user that does not adhere to our guidelines. This includes posts and comments that:
- Are defamatory, indecent, hateful, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, disgraceful, threats or threatening false, spam, vulgar or inappropriate
- Encourage illegal activity, are politically related, or are irrelevant
- Contain confidential, personal or sensitive information, or copyrighted material
2. Community Monitoring and Response
It is our goal to read all messages, posts and comments and respond quickly to questions and feedback as appropriate. However, our accounts are only monitored Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Eastern and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern (excluding holidays). If you need immediate assistance during our business hours, please reach out via our other service channels, which include:
- Online via firsthorizon.com/support/contact-us
- Our online banking or mobile apps
- Call (800) 382-5465 or (800) 639-5111
- In person at your closest bank location
3. Legal and Regulatory Issues
Because we are a public company that operates in a regulated industry, there are certain topics we won’t be able to talk about on social media, and some discussions may need to be redirected for the same reason. In addition to the guidelines in the section above, posts and comments cannot contain:
- Photos and/or videos which have not been expressly consented for use via the First Horizon National Corporation Talent Release Form;
- Inappropriate comments or inferences about our competitors (for example, disparaging comments, or any statements about their products);
- Information that is misleading;
- Predatory conduct towards minors;
- Libel, slander, or defamation of character;
- Links to other websites;
- Spam; and
- Software viruses, Trojan horses or any other computer code or files or disabling mechanisms that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or that interferes with the operation of the social media site.
By posting and/or commenting, you are confirming that your post complies with these Guidelines and doesn’t contain any of the restricted content listed above. Please note, however, that we may remove any post or comment that we believe does not comply with these Guidelines.